The Me And Mine Project – August 2018
Welcome back to The Me And Mine Project, which is about capturing the whole family together in a photograph. So each month, we take a family photo of the four of us and tell you a little bit about what we’ve been up to that month.
August has been a busy month of days out and various activities during the summer holidays. We were busy making the most of the heatwave for the first half of this month.
I’m returning to work this week after two months off. It’s been nice just to have some time out and recover. It also means I’ve been able to spend the summer with the kids.
We had the final family wedding of the year and celebrated Raksha Bandhan (which is an Indian festival especially for siblings). I will be posting about that this week.
The photo I am posting this month is of our day trip to Go Ape at Cannock Chase. We’ve spent a lot of time this summer outdoors and tried to do more adventurous things. The kids were really excited about this. We opted to do the Tree Top Junior course.
It’s not as big as the Tree Top Adventure course but it’s still five metres off the ground. So it’s quite an achievement if you manage to do it. You get an hour up there and there are wobbly bridges, some fairly difficult crossings and a zip wire. We all had a great time and we will come back again.
This month I have…
* started working out again.
* upped my social media skills and built a great schedule to stay ahead
* started watching Season 5 of Power – and am hooked again!
* enjoyed doing my first fashion review for a clothing brand
* been in shock and awe. I can’t believe we’re celebrating 16 years of marriage
This month Sukh has…
* worked around the clock. He’s had lots of bookings for weddings
* taken some amazing photos of me for the blog
* experimented with all sorts of fruit teas after his evening meal
* continued to conquer his fear of heights at Go Ape
* been obsessed with the India v England Test matches
This month Shalini has…
* travelled up and down the UK, working really hard helping Sukh at his photo booth bookings
* been doing lots of guitar practice ahead of her Grade 3 exam
* been on a shopping trip with her friend alone for the first time
* mastered how to make a mean cup of tea
* had lots of lies-in when we’re having a ‘home’ day
This month Shivam has…
* won a medal at football camp for coming first in the crossbar challenge
* conquered his fear of heights and bravely tackled the Tree Top Junior course at Go Ape
* learned how to take some really good photos of me using my phone
* enjoyed the beginning of the football season
* been counting down to returning to school because he’s missed it loads
Take a look at The Me And Mine Project – July.