The Me And Mine Project – December 2018
Welcome back to The Me And Mine Project, which is about capturing the whole family together in a photograph. So each month, we take a family photo of the four of us and tell you a little bit about what we’ve been up to that month.
We started December celebrating Shalini’s 13th birthday. Her birthday falls on 30th November so the first weekend is always spent marking her big day. This year was a big one, as she officially became a teenager!
We also spent the month going to lots of events around Christmas. I love the build-up to Christmas and so I usually book a lot of things in advance. This year we were invited to a few events for the blog, including a theatre production of The Wizard Of Oz, the panto at Birmingham Hippodrome and Visiting Santa.
We spent the first half of Christmas Day at my parents’ house and the second half at my in-laws’ place.
Here is our December photo, sitting by the tree at my mum and dad’s place.
This month I have…
* been kept extremely busy taking part in my first ever Blogmas
* enjoyed every moment of the festive season
* been to the cinema to watch the most-anticipated film of 2018 for me – Mary Poppins Returns
* eaten way too much and am now making a plan to get back in shape
* started planning our next holiday!
This month Sukh has…
* booked our next holiday!
* met lots of amazing people working at the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year awards
* spent a lot of time at home – usually he’s got several projects on the go
* become obsessed with the Street Fighter video game all of the sudden
* took charge of the Christmas dinner as usual and did a fine job
This month Shalini has…
* celebrated her 13th birthday with family and friends
* gone shopping with her aunt to buy Sukh and I Christmas gifts for the first time ever
* helped me lots around the house since we lost our cleaner (a post for another day!)
* baked the most delicious cupcakes for us all over Christmas
* received top marks in an end of topic test at school
This month Shivam has…
* spent a lot of time playing FIFA (way too much time!)
* watched every Liverpool game this month wearing his team kit
* taken part in the school’s Christmas Carol celebration for The Salvation Army
* bought Sukh and I some excellent Christmas presents for the first time ever (with the help of Shalini and his aunt)
* helped me clean the house since we lost our cleaner
Take a look at The Me & Mine Project – November