The Me And Mine Project – December 2018
Welcome back to The Me And Mine Project, which is about capturing the whole family together in a photograph. So each month, we take a family photo of the four of us and tell you a little bit about what we’ve been up to that month.
We started December celebrating Shalini’s 13th birthday. Her birthday falls on 30th November so the first weekend is always spent marking her big day. This year was a big one, as she officially became a teenager!
We also spent the month going to lots of events around Christmas. I love the build-up to Christmas and so I usually book a lot of things in advance. This year we were invited to a few events for the blog, including a theatre production of The Wizard Of Oz, the panto at Birmingham Hippodrome and Visiting Santa.
We spent the first half of Christmas Day at my parents’ house and the second half at my in-laws’ place.
Here is our December photo, sitting by the tree at my mum and dad’s place.
This month I have…
* been kept extremely busy taking part in my first ever Blogmas
* enjoyed every moment of the festive season
* been to the cinema to watch the most-anticipated film of 2018 for me – Mary Poppins Returns
* eaten way too much and am now making a plan to get back in shape
* started planning our next holiday!
This month Sukh has…
* booked our next holiday!
* met lots of amazing people working at the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year awards
* spent a lot of time at home – usually he’s got several projects on the go
* become obsessed with the Street Fighter video game all of the sudden
* took charge of the Christmas dinner as usual and did a fine job
This month Shalini has…
* celebrated her 13th birthday with family and friends
* gone shopping with her aunt to buy Sukh and I Christmas gifts for the first time ever
* helped me lots around the house since we lost our cleaner (a post for another day!)
* baked the most delicious cupcakes for us all over Christmas
* received top marks in an end of topic test at school
This month Shivam has…
* spent a lot of time playing FIFA (way too much time!)
* watched every Liverpool game this month wearing his team kit
* taken part in the school’s Christmas Carol celebration for The Salvation Army
* bought Sukh and I some excellent Christmas presents for the first time ever (with the help of Shalini and his aunt)
* helped me clean the house since we lost our cleaner
Take a look at The Me & Mine Project – November
What a lovely post. I enjoyed reading it!
Thank you, Nancy xxx
You have all done so much, you must need a rest now lol.
I had a fab rest over Christmas but since I returned to work last week, I’m ready for another one! Lol x
What a gorgeous family! Love the photo!
Thank you so much Veronica x
Happy belated birthday Shalini! It sounds like you have had a great month and it’s a lovely idea to mark it with a photo too #mmbc
Thanks Louisa x
What a lovely family photo!
It sounds like you have been really busy. #MMBC
Thanks Kim x
that’s a cool idea to take a picture every month as a family and do a little recap of what you all did or accomplished that month.
Thanks Alice. Yes, I really enjoy doing it every month x
I haven’t gotten to see Mary Poppins Returns yet, I should do that this weekend! I’m happy to see what a wonderful month your family had. #GlobalBlogging
Thanks Heather. It’s a lovely film x
Sounds like you had such a busy but fun month! I missed seeing Mary Poppins and it’s not on the local cinema now – I have to look further afield #TriumphantTales
Thanks Jo. Yeah it was a lovely film. Not as magical as the first but that’s an impossible task anyway – as it was the kind of movie that can’t ever be matched. Hope you get to watch it.
It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas period and happy birthday to Shalini! I’ve not been to the cinema since the Greatest Showman so I’m sure I’ll catch it when it’s on DVD – I hear it’s different to the original!
Thank you for sharing this with us at #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you back next week.
Thank you – yes it’s a lovely film although misses that slight magic of the first. But still worth watching x